Monday, November 5, 2007

My contingency plan for the WGA strike

As many of you know, the television and film writers have gone on strike over money, of all things.  This will result in many unpleasant things, such as premature cancellations for some shows, improper and likely hastily organized season/series finales, and generally a lot of boredom.  But I have discovered that there are ways to entertain myself in remarkably similar ways.  Here's my contingency plan for each series:
- Scrubs:  Scrubs is in it's last season, but only 12 of the 18 episodes are written so far.  This means a proper season finale may not happen come this april.  However, instead, I can go to the nearest hospital and imagine what all the doctors are thinking and which ones are sleeping with each other.  Depending on my mood, this will cover Scrubs, Grey's Anatomy, House, and ER all in one shot.

- The Office:  The Office will survive the strike, so I'm not too worried.  To compensate though, I'll follow my roommate to work because the 9-5 office world is the exact same as The Office anyways.

- Chuck:  Chuck might not survive the strike, so instead, I will simply do my Redeemer Security rounds as though the fate of the free world depends on it and have an awkward pseudo-romantic relationship with one of the kitchen staff.

- Weeds:  Find a local, inexplicably attractive marijuana dealer to job shadow.

- Dexter:  Find a local vigilante to job shadow.

- How I Met Your Mother: Start saying "legendary" and "awesome" more; become a third wheel to a married couple and move in with them.  Have Bob Saget narrate afterwards.

So that covers a good amount of my watching schedule.  Another thing I plan on doing is reading more.  If you, loyal reader, haven't read The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde yet, you ought to.  If you already have, read it again.

And turn off your TV's, because there won't be fuck-all to watch until the strike ends.

No comments: